This last week and weekend was incredibly busy. I didn't get a chance to post anything last week. Work and home life didn't give me any extra time on the internet.
Last week I got one of my goals done for summer. I read a book! It was a fabulous book too! The book was around 12oo pages and I read it in a week in a half. I still can't believe I found time to do it. It felt good to finish it, but now I kind of miss those characters. Oh well...on to a new book!
This weekend was a busy one. I will have separate posts later on for some of the things we did, but here is what we were up to...
Friday we took Lukas finishing for the first time. He fished for 5 minutes and then gave me the pole. Friday night we had family over. My Mom and Ed brought small fireworks...Lukas loved them!
Saturday I took Lukas down to the band-shell for a picnic with Jessie and the girls. Then my Mom, Ed, and my Aunt Michele met us to hang out at the festivities. We took the kids on some of the kiddie rides after the picnic and playing. Lukas got to drive a car! Then that evening my husband's family has a get together with food, games, and fireworks. It was lots of fun. Lukas fell asleep on me during the fireworks.
Sunday was the 4th of July. Lukas and I went to my Mom's for breakfast and then we were going to go to the parade. However, itt was raining so we didn't get to go to the parade, but we did watch some of it from Great Grandma's window. Went home and both Lukas and I got naps! (AWESOME!) We went to Gary and Jessie's to grill out for supper and then went to the fireworks. Lukas loved the big fireworks. His face was priceless during the finale.
Monday we had off for the July 4th holiday. Lukas and I went and visited with Carrie, Tessa, and Tessa's kids. It was raining so we played at a near by coffee/novelty shop.
See...how busy it was. I was glad we had Monday off to try to catch up on laundry, house work, and I got to do a little baking. The whole month of July looks to be pretty packed. Fun and busy days of summer.
(Pictures and more detailed post to follow on the festivities of our weekend.)
No comments:
Post a Comment