Monday, July 12, 2010

Pink Eye = Gross!

Well this weekend Lukas wasn't feeling up to snuff. When I picked him up from daycare on Friday our daycare lady said he had a fever and he was really clingy. When we got home I gave him some tylenol and he popped right back to his hyper happy self. I was thinking it had to be teething.

Well he was at my Mom's Friday night and she said he went to bed a little early. I didn't think anything of it and told her he sometimes did that. Then Saturday while we were at my Mom's he started getting this gunk in his eye. My Mom said she used to get that when she was little and it was usually allergies. So I didn't think too much of it, because allergies do run in our family. That afternoon when he was napping he woke up and his eye was all yucky looking and swollen. I then decided to take him to urgent care and find out what was going on with his eye. It was confirmed...he had pink eye. My husband or I have never had pink eye before so we didn't know much about it. Lukas's poor little eye was all swollen and he had this goopy gunk coming from his eye.

When someone has pink eye they prescribe you either a cream or eye drops. I asked for the eye drops (I didn't think he would keep the cream where it was supposed to be.) The eye drops are working pretty good. His eye didn't get gunky at all Sunday. It's quite a production trying to give him his eye drops. My husband hugs him and holds his arms and him in place and then lays down. Then I open each eye and give them a drop each. He has to have 4 treatments a day (ever 4 hours) for 7 days. His eye was looking almost normal today...so that is great news!


This is going to be a long week!

No comments: