I made him this Lightening McQueen costume for Halloween. I made it out of cardboard, fabric paper, and poster paper for the decals and decorations. His costume took me a total of 7 hours from start to finish over the course of a week.
One may ask themselves...why did she spend that much time on a 2 year old's costume...when he probably won't wear it. Well my optimism was telling me if I put together this neat box and make it his favorite car...that he would indeed love it and wear it! Boy oh boy was I wrong! Not only was I wrong, but he didn't even like trick or treating period. I got the picture above when he was playing in the box on Saturday, but he wouldn't wear it...only play in it. (I should have made it on a wagon so I could pull him around or something.)
Well Halloween came and he still wouldn't wear the costume. I carried it with me, but he wanted nothing to do with it. The first stop we made on Halloween was my Grandma's high rise apartments she lives in. There were many people lined up when you come in the door to give out candy. The first two older ladies tried to give him candy for his trick or treat pumpkin and he took it back out of the pumpkin and then very nicely said "I don't want this." He did this 2 or 3 times. They started giving me the candy instead. This was turning out to be a very unsuccessful trick or treat adventure. We went up to my Grandma's and he ate the treat she had for him, but still ignored his costume.
The next stop was my in-laws place. They gave Lukas bananas and pudding which he gladly excepted. We visited them for awhile, but still he wouldn't wear his costume. Then we went to my Mom's place. He still didn't want any candy. He opened a sucker and ate it a little, but she gave him a treat bag and a banana too. Of course he still wouldn't wear his costume. This is pretty much what happened at every stop:
The car would sit there and he would just visit. Notice the cars in his trick or treat pumpkin?
Well once we got home we turned our lights on and then handed out candy to the trick or treaters. This part of the night he loved! He got excited every time kids would come to the door. He would help me hand it out then take one for himself. We opened a few pieces of candy, he would take a bite, and then spit it out. He isn't much of a candy kid. Oh well. All in all Halloween was a little embarrassing, but I still had fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment