Baby walkers have been around for a very long time. My Mom had a walker, I had a walker, and Lukas has a walker. At Lukas's last appointment the doctor was asking me if he uses a baby walker. I told her that he is using one, and then she told me that was a "no, no." Baby walkers aren't a good to use, but an exersaucer is fine. I asked her why, and she told me it was because it messes up with their balance and it's a falling hazard. I do understand the falling hazard, but balance problems. That is a new one. I get so frustrated sometimes trying to listen to the do's and do not's for babies. It's hard to keep up. Some bozo does a study and finds out babies get hurt or sick if they do this or that. Only to find out years later that it was OK all along. I think every parent makes a list of their own do's and do not's. A parent's instinct is pretty good if you ask me. Something might have a certain month or age requirement, but you know your baby would be OK with it. I just take their recommendations as guidelines. Every baby is different and every baby has their own interests, favorites, coordination, and abilities. Needless to say we are still using the walker. We live in a one story house so the falling hazard barely exists, and the balance worry...well I am not going to worry. My balance isn't that bad and I used a walker, as did my husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment