Well I knew eventually it was going to happen. Lukas is learning some of the undesirable phrases from everywhere. He has learned and started saying shut up. We aren't completely sure where he got the phrase shut up, but it has to be nipped in the bud! I don't want him walking around saying shhup to everyone and everything. It's not a nice phrase. Last night I was making some cupcakes for his birthday treats for daycare and he was sitting at the table. The dogs were outside and they had started barking. He started saying "Monny, Daisy shhup!" I went over and told him "Lukas we don't say that, we say hush!" He looked right at me and said "no Mama." Then he started yelling at the dogs again to shhup. I was in shock.
He is such a sponge lately. We say one thing and he copies me or my husband. We don't usually say shut up though. When I usually tell the dogs to be quiet I say "hush" or "enough." Who knows where he got this one from. We will be trying to redirect that phrase to something else and let him know it's not a nice phrase.
No comments:
Post a Comment