Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Backyard Heaven

Never did I realize how much I would love my backyard. We are working on it a little more each weekend and it's really starting to come together. We still have some big plans, but for now we need to enjoy and save up some money for more projects. Since the middle of April we have put a sliding door in our kitchen to the backyard, poured concrete, and got Lukas outside equipment (with the help of some family for his birthday!) It's all really paying off! Last night Lukas played outside in his sandbox...or should I say he was dumping the sand out of the sandbox while I made supper. Then after supper we went back outside and played on his slides and with bubbles. It was a perfect evening. Memorial weekend I am planning on making a flower area in the corner of our yard, planting a garden in another corner, filling in rock around the concrete, and then painting Brett's flower beds he made me when I graduated college and planting flowers in his memory in them. Lots to do...hope the weather and Lukas cooperates!

No comments: