Monday, March 16, 2009

Stranger Anxiety

Lukas was being a mommies little boy this weekend. My dad came over to visit and he hasn't seem him in a few months. The stranger anxiety kicked into high gear and he was not comfortable at first. If I was going to set him down he screamed until I either picked him up or sat on the floor so he could sit on my lap. We also went to a few family functions this weekend and the same thing happened. He would cry and look at me, as if he was saying "Mommy why aren't you coming to get me." Eventually I did get him and he would instantly stop crying. I felt bad for my husband's sister, Auntie Vi to Lukas. She wanted to hold him and kiss him...and just be silly, but I think since he hasn't seen her in awhile he had that anxiety. It made me feel bad, because I want him to be comfortable with family. I know in time he will and this is just a stage. After a little while he became comfortable in his surroundings and he was happy Lukas.

No comments: