Tuesday, March 24, 2009

First weekend away

This last weekend was my first weekend away from Lukas. My husband and I went to a volleyball tournament so we were gone Friday-Sunday. I was surprised how well I did. I knew he was going to be fine, but I was more worried about me missing him. Well Friday night went well, but by Saturday morning I was missing him really bad. I felt like my arms were empty and I just needed his smile and hugs. I called my Mom's to "talk" to him a lot that day though. When I say talk I basically talked and I listened to him breathe. Saturday night I missed him the most. I just wanted to be home with him. I thought I was going to cry a few times, but I didn't. I did a good job! Sunday we couldn't get home soon enough. I got changed and everything packed and I couldn't wait to get home to him. When I went to pick him up he was all smiles and he grabbed me and hugged me! Nothing feels better than a hug and smile from your baby! It was a good weekend, but I am glad to be home. I took Monday off to spend some time with him and catch up on laundry. He was glued to me all day long Monday. He didn't like it if I left the room or if I was not down on the floor with him. Guess that is just part of coming home!

No comments: