Thursday, February 26, 2009

Shoe shopping

Last night we went to get Lukas a new pair of shoes. First of all nobody has a very good selection when it comes to little boy shoes. You get basically 2 kinds to pick from a dressy shoe or a tennis shoe. However, when it comes to girls...then you have like 10 choices. Pretty shoes, tennis shoes, boots, and 2 to 4 different choices for each style. It does bother me a little that little boys do not have the same selection as girls. Mothers with boys have a much more limited selection of shoes and clothes. I do understand that it's fun to dress up your baby girl and all too. I do get that. It is just a pet peeve of mine. Anyway, we got him some white and blue tennis shoes. Nothing fancy or "nice". After all he is a little boy, and that is probably why boys don't have the selection that girls do. This morning I got him to daycare and my daycare lady says "Oh Lukas you got new shoes! Well these won't fit very long." I asked her how do you know that. She put the shoe up to his foot and told me that when you buy baby shoes you leave about an inch from toe to the tip of the shoe and you don't have him try it on. You put the bottom of the shoe up to the bottom of his foot. So...now i know how to pick out shoes for him. I guess you just learn as you go, because I certainly never read that anywhere.

No comments: