Thursday, February 5, 2009

Teething pains

Lukas is having a tough time again with teething. He keeps teething, but never gets any teeth. It gets very frustrating! He is not a happy camper while teething either. Last night he didn't want to play, he didn't want anything, and we didn't know really what to do. He just sat there crying. We tried the ear drops to relieve pressure for Lukas (the doctor prescribed them to give him when his ears are bothering him due to teething.) Those worked for a little bit, so I finally broke down and gave him some baby Tylenol. This helped so much! I hate resorting to it, but when he is having teething pain I don't know what else to do. He won't chew on his teething rings when he is in pain like that. He also has icky diapers due to his teething. This has been going on now for a while. He will start to teeth and stop, then start up again and stop, and again and again. It is frustrating when you know there isn't anything you can do. I was talking to my friend Jessie and she has a daughter the same age as Lukas. She has been teething a lot too, but her daughter actually cuts teeth when she starts teething. She has 8 teeth already, so at least she has the relief of cutting the teeth. Lukas has all the same discomforts, but no teeth. Which makes me worry that I am not seeing the worst of the teething yet. I can't imagine how bad it might get when he is actually going to cut teeth. I guess all we can do is wait!

No comments: