My Lukas is very attached to his sippy cups. I feel he is old enough to move on to big boy cups. However, when I tried to switch him lately I feel that I set him up for failure. Big people cups like we have aren't for little ones and it's easy for him to spill them. The tossable sippy cups I bought to try to change him over had too big of a rim so he would spill when using it. Uh! It's frustrating!
Anyway, I took all the spill proof sippy cups away and replaced them with the Lighting McQueen tossable sippy cups that are more like regular cups. They aren't spill proof and he needs to pay more attention to them when he drinks them. However, I think it back fired because he still wants to carry his cup around the house.
Well yesterday I got a call from our daycare lady. She told me it was the second day in a row he has spilled his cup on the couch and we need to work together to switch him to a regular cup that he drinks in the kitchen or not bring his cup. She said she would go along with whatever I was wanting to do.
I will have to search for some regular toddler cups without a top. That way he can help me pick them out and I will give him stuff in that cup to make it more appealing. Like he loves chocolate milk, but only offer it in the big boy cups instead of the sippy cup. Then before we leave in the morning let him put it in the fridge if he isn't done with it or put it in the sink.
Maybe after we tackle this sippy cup issue...we can start focusing in on potty training more. Oh I pray this will work! He is attached to his cups like he is attached to his "b's" (b's are his blankets.) I have a feeling his blankets will be much harder to separate from.
No comments:
Post a Comment