At bedtime Lukas will always beg for one more book. We usually read 3 books before bedtime and he always begs for one more book. Well the other night when we were reading books I told him that we were all done reading books and that it was time to say our bedtime prayer. He looked at me and said "Momma one more book?" I said "come on buddy lets do our prayers." He scooted over to me and gave me a big hug and then he looked right at me and gave me a kiss. I was a little shocked he did this. We do hugs and kisses after bedtime prayer. Well I should have known better, after he gave me that hug and kiss he looked at me and said "one more book?" in a very sweet voice. I smiled and said, "sure one more book."
Hook, line, and sinker! That little boy sure knows how to play his cards! I gave in so easily. I just couldn't help it. It was so sweet and I thought what is one more book gonna harm. Nothing! However, after we read that 4th book he tried to ask for another and then I held my ground and said "nope, bedtime prayers." We then did our bedtime prayers, hugs, kisses, and our good nights back and forth. I walked out of his room thinking someday...far far into the future when he is married and asking his wife for something he will probably get his way like his father does. Just like Lukas his father can pour on the charm to get what he wants too! I love them both just the way they are though...I wouldn't change a thing!

No comments:
Post a Comment