My little guy has been sick. I thought it was just a head cold. Well I guess it could have just been a head cold at first, but I took him in Monday and bam another ear infection. He hasn't had an ear infection since April so he went a good six months without one.
The first week I thought his cold was just a simple head cold. It had gotten cooler outside and we had to turn on our heat. The second week it got really warm out! I mean to the point where he was wearing a t-shirt and shorts. Well when this week rolled around and he still had this annoying cold and his poor little nose was getting sore as the hours went by...I thought I should probably take him into the doctor.
Monday his daycare lady called and said he had a slight fever. I had already called the doctor and made an appointment for that afternoon. Well when I took him in you would not even know anything was wrong. He was his happy hyper self. The doctor looked at his ears and said "Oh poor boy" and at that point I knew he had an ear infection. However, not only did he just have one ear infected he had both infected. He had a double ear infection. I was blown away. I couldn't believe he had double ear infection. He wasn't crabby, he was sleeping good, no fever before today, and he had been eating well too. As bad as I felt I gotta say I really had no idea he had an ear infection let alone a double ear infection.
I guess as parents we just do the best we can and try to understand the cues our children have if they aren't feeling well. Sometimes their symptoms don't exactly line up with the 'by the book symptoms' or don't even follow the rule of symptoms they have had in the past. I am glad I finally took him in. I felt bad that he has been feeling cruddy for so long, but I guess you just go with your gut and hope for the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment