Lukas has been going through a hitting phase, or I am at least hoping it's a phase. If he is mad or upset he hits me or whatever he is mad at. I do understand this has to do with him being angry and not knowing how to show his frustration.
Well the other night he decided to play with the snack pack puddings from our lazy Susan. He was stacking them and playing with them nicely, and I don't mind if he plays nicely with them. No harm in that! Well after awhile his little hyper self got the best of him! He was sliding them across the kitchen floor and trying to throw them up in the air to the ceiling fan. I asked him to stop and then put the puddings away. He kept on what he was doing and ignoring me. I gave him two warnings, and then I had had it. Those pudding cups were going to burst if he didn't stop.
I went over to him and told him we are putting the pudding cups away. He got mad when I grabbed the pudding cups and started putting them back in the lazy Susan. He turned around and hit me. I grabbed his hands and told him "Lukas we don't hit." I said it calmly to him, and then he smirked and hit me again. So once again I grabbed hims hands and told him "when you hit Mommy it hurts, it's an owie." He then looked right in my eye and got a sad look and said "sorry Mommy." He also leaned in and gave me a kiss. This shocked the heck out of me. I was surprised he said sorry and gave me a kiss!
Of course, once he gave me a kiss all the mad in my face probably left. I am a sucker! At least he said sorry and gave me a kiss. Wow!!
No comments:
Post a Comment