Monday, August 30, 2010

Fair in the Air

The last couple of weeks have been fair time in our area. All our surrounding areas have had their fairs and we skipped most of them because it was so humid and hot. Well we decided to brave one of the days of heat and take Lukas to the fair.

We got there early...too early (the rides weren't even opened!) So we decided to eat lunch. My husband and I decided on a few things and I got a corn dog meal for Lukas. Out of the whole meal which included a corn dog, chips, and a Hi-C. He only ate the chips and drank the Hi-C. He didn't want a corn dog. I temporarily forgot how toddler's food preferences can change day to day.

After we ate we visited the kiddie petting zoos and barns. Lukas enjoyed this the most! He is an animal lover! He got to pet and feed deer, goats, and some other animals that I didn't know what they were. He also got to see so many kinds of animals. They had ostriches, zebra, lemurs, goats, ducks, sheep, and many many more!



When we were done there we took Lukas on some rides. I took him on the carousel and he got to ride the zebra on the carousel. He picked out the zebra while we were waiting our turn. He liked it so much he cried when it was time to get off it. Then we took him to the little motorcycles and he liked them, but he would have had more fun with them if he had a friend along. We were going to take him on the bumper cars, but decided not to when it would cost so much to ride it. 8 tickets which equal 8 bucks! So we went on the other carousel they had. It was from 1947 and it was restored to it's original look and feel from the postwar time. I liked the other carousel better, but the older one was neat to ride too. I even rode it when I was little!





We left the fair around 2pm and Lukas fell asleep before we even got on the road to leave! Totally tuckered!

No comments: