Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Active Imagination

I always knew little kids had a great imagination. I used to...well yeah I guess I still do have one. Lukas's imagination is kicking into high gear now, and he is very creative!

Friday morning I was packing all of our camping stuff and he climbed up on the chair, looked me straight in the eye, and asked me if I wanted coffee. I smiled and said "sure buddy!" So he took my hair brush and made a "shhshhhh" noise and pretended to fill my cup of lemonade with coffee. Then he said he was thirsty and needed some coffee, so he took a sip of my lemonade. I sat there and didn't know what to say!

Then Sunday Lukas and I had to stop over at my friend's house for some things I had left there, and Lukas was talking to me while driving over there. He told me that his doggie (the little one he sleeps with) went to the doctor this weekend. I looked in the rear view mirror and gave him a funny face. Then I said "oh really? What happened to your doggie?" Then he told me his doggie and the pig crashed. I laughed a little and was a bit confused. Then he changed the subject and said Haidyn (his best buddy) had hit him. I told him that she didn't hit him, because she hasn't even been around him. He laughed and said "nope Mama."

Later the same evening Lukas dumped out all of his legos and put Piglet and his doggie in the wagon and made "whoo whoo whoo" noises. I asked Lukas "did Piglet and your doggie get hurt?" He said "yep they go to doctor!" I don't know where he learned that the ambulance takes you to the doctor, but I was amazed!

I think most of this stuff he is learning from the older kids at daycare. It's amazing how fast he sucks up the information and uses it with his imagination!

No comments: