Last week I was whipping up some supper and Lukas kept pulling at my pants and trying to move me away from the counter. He was making it clear that he didn't want me to cook. He wanted my attention to play with him. He has been doing this a lot lately. He definitely makes it clear what he wants and shows me what he wants me to do. So the last few meals I have given him jobs to perform for me to distract him from what he wants, and so I can complete what I am doing. He will help me throw away stuff or he will get me spoons out of the drawer. He absolutely loves helping no matter what the job may be. (I know this won't last forever!) Well this particular dinner called for some fresh veggies so I had him help me wash them. I got out the step stool and got him close enough to wash the mushrooms. He loved the job of washing the mushrooms. After he washed them he gave them to me and I diced them up to put in the skillet. He ate supper really great that night too. I told him thank you for his help and that I could not have made dinner without him. He just smiled and said "thank you Momma!" My little pumpkin is getting older! It's very neat how he understands so much now, but it makes me a little sad that some of that littleness is gone!
Monday, April 5, 2010
My Little Helper!
Last week I was whipping up some supper and Lukas kept pulling at my pants and trying to move me away from the counter. He was making it clear that he didn't want me to cook. He wanted my attention to play with him. He has been doing this a lot lately. He definitely makes it clear what he wants and shows me what he wants me to do. So the last few meals I have given him jobs to perform for me to distract him from what he wants, and so I can complete what I am doing. He will help me throw away stuff or he will get me spoons out of the drawer. He absolutely loves helping no matter what the job may be. (I know this won't last forever!) Well this particular dinner called for some fresh veggies so I had him help me wash them. I got out the step stool and got him close enough to wash the mushrooms. He loved the job of washing the mushrooms. After he washed them he gave them to me and I diced them up to put in the skillet. He ate supper really great that night too. I told him thank you for his help and that I could not have made dinner without him. He just smiled and said "thank you Momma!" My little pumpkin is getting older! It's very neat how he understands so much now, but it makes me a little sad that some of that littleness is gone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment