Friday, January 15, 2010
Daycare: Bittersweet Goodbyes
Almost everyday when we drop Lukas off at daycare he will cry "Mama no!" and he doesn't like it when I hand him over to go to work. I will give him hugs and a kiss and feel awful leaving him when all he really wants is to be with me. I am sure the moment I leave he gets over it just fine, but it makes me feel so guilty. There is nothing more that I would love than staying home with him, but in this day and age we gotta work. So goodbyes in the morning are bittersweet. However, when I go and pick him up from daycare it's reversed. He wants to stay at daycare because he's having too much fun. He runs away from me and cries when we try to get his boots and coat on. So it's another bittersweet, but not for me...for him. He doesn't want to leave his daycare friends and fun! Toddler minds...sometimes you just can't figure them out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment