Thursday, January 7, 2010

Best Feeling in the World!

Last night after we got home from work Chris and Lukas were having a snack before supper, because supper was going to be a little over an hour. So Chris decided he wanted ice cream for a snack (yes we live in Minnesota, it's been below zero temps, and he still wanted ice cream). Lukas was sitting there bopping up and down in front of Chris saying "num num" so he was sharing his ice cream with Lukas. After I got supper in the oven I decided to crawl into the living room and scare Lukas. The dogs were trying to give me away the whole time I was crawling in there, but I made it in and popped out and said "boo!" Lukas looked surprised, but he ran over said "Mama" gave me a big hug and two kisses and he was back to begging for ice cream from Daddy. I sat there and looked at him. He makes me feel so happy and loved! His one little hug and 2 kisses really made my day. I love that he understands how to be affectionate and give us affection. Babies are great...but when they become toddlers and start communicating with you. Yes there are sometimes I wish he was still a baby and couldn't say "no" to me...but the feeling I get when he intentionally hugs or kisses me is the best feeling in the world!

No comments: