Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Challenges...


Lukas will "almost" eat anything we put in front of him. He tends to like meat the best out of everything, but he has been opening up to other things slowly. Very very slowly! I have decided to give myself a challenge and cook 7 different and new recipes this month. My goal is to introduce more vegetables in a different way and try to keep them as nutritious as I can. I know most recipes call for things that aren't the "healthiest" option, but I will try to strive and introduce new things to Lukas on a monthly basis. This will be a challenge to be creative an think of new things to try or introduce the same thing in a different way. These are things Lukas loves: chicken nuggets, baked chicken, turkey (any form of it), pork (lion, or chops), hamburger (any form of it), macaroni, mashed potatoes, chicken noodle soup, cheese and broccoli soup, and the list goes on and on. Those were some of his favorites. OK here is how I will do this. I will pick 2 new recipes to try each week. I will post the recipe and I will let you know how Lukas liked it. This week will be our first run at this. We will be making a Chinese Garden Casserole on Sunday and having my Mom and brother over. This will be my first attempt at bringing something new to the dinner table and trying to get Lukas to try more veggies. This will be interesting.

No comments: