Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Breaking out the Sprinkler

For Lukas's birthday we got him a fancy smancy new sprinkler.  It is a hose with a bunch of other little hoses coming out of it all over.  This shoots the water in all sorts of directions.  Lukas loves it, but he does this huge circle around the sprinkler which leads him to not actually run in the sprinkler.
This is how we get him to go through the sprinkler.  Daddy had to pick him up and walk through the sprinkler.  Which is fine if Daddy wants to do it...but sometimes Daddy doesn't have the closes on to go through the sprinkler.  He did of course this day, but it's so funny watching them.  He squeals with delight and happiness when he is about to get wet.  Saying "Daddy I getting wet!"  Then he asks to do it again and again.  They have a lot of fun.  Last year I used to take him through the sprinkler, but this year is another story.  Right now it's hard to carry him much with his baby sister still in my belly, but soon maybe toward the end of summer I can do it. 
Good times...they aren't little for long.  Gotta savor it while we can!  I am glad my husband savors Lukas's littleness!  He is such a great daddy and Lukas and soon to be Megan are very lucky to have him!  As am I! 

No comments: