Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Shots
Yesterday Lukas had his 6 month shots, and the whole ordeal was a little nuts. His appointment was at 2pm and we got into a room for the doctor to see us by 3pm. So, yep he had missed a nap and it was getting to be time to eat again soon. He was in a great mood the whole hour we were in the waiting room. Smiling and making cute noises at everyone. They finally got us in a room and the doctor saw us right away. He would not lay on the table to be examined. I think being way past needing a nap contributed to his cranky mood. So the doctor examined my "little monkey" from my lap. He was literally clinging to me like a baby monkey does to it's mommy. Which was OK, I love being close to him. Anyway, everything was looking good and he grew a bunch. He weighs 19.2 lbs and is 27.9 inches long. My big boy! Well when all that was done then it was time for the final stage of the appointment...the shots. I don't like shots myself, but when I was pregnant I got pretty used to needles. So it doesn't bug me anymore. With Lukas not wanting to lay down (that is how they give shots to babies) I thought this is going to be interesting. We laid him down and he started crying like he was in pain. I held him down and held his arms (they make you do that) and they gave him his shots. By this time he was so worked up that he was shaking. My poor little baby monkey was shaking. I swooped him up when they told me I could and he stopped crying instantly. He started smiling at the ladies that gave him his shots. He was such a little stinker. I got him dressed and he fell asleep as soon as I got him buckled in his car seat. What a day...for my little monkey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, what a day!! I cannot believe how big he is getting!!
Post a Comment