Thursday, November 27, 2008
Learn as we go
Happy Thanksgiving! This is Lukas's first Thanksgiving, so it was extra special to us. This year it was my side of the family's year for us to come to Thanksgiving. So we went down into Iowa to my Aunt and Uncle's house. Lukas was so great the whole day. He was a little fussy during dinner, but I am thinking that had to do with his gums hurting. Otherwise, he was full of smiles and playing. I brought the baby turkey in a jar and he got to try some turkey on Thanksgiving! He didn't care for it though. Oh well, I bet next year he might like it. Well the whole day went great and Lukas even took a nap there for almost a half hour (he hasn't been napping in the afternoons lately.) He was getting a little fussy before we left, so I tried to give him some bottle. He really didn't want it, so I thought he might be tired. Well the whole way home (1 hour drive) he screamed and cried. He wanted his cereal and veggies...and he wanted it now! My husband and I tried everything. Some more bottle, orajel, toys, teething ring, and none of it worked. As soon as I got him home and fed him he was in a much better mood. Even smiling and laughing! So I learned a very important lesson, just to pack the food anyway. You know...just in case. If I could have fed him before we left, our ride home might have been a lot more pleasant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment