Saturday, November 22, 2008

Breakfast fun

Every morning when I prop up Lukas in his highchair him and I copy each others noises while I make his breakfast. This started out as a way for me to try to get him to be vocal and learn sounds, but now it's turned into a very fun game. I will be stirring up his cereal and he will say "eeaa ooohaa urrr" (or something close to that) so I make the same sounds back to him. He smiles and this is just a fun way for us to babble back and forth. I have started adding in other noises and he tries to copy those. However, the sounds mama or dada he does not try to copy. He just smiles at me. That is fine...I am patient. :) The game stops after he starts eating. Once Lukas starts eating that is it. No games...just shovel it in as fast as you can. My arm sometimes feels tired when feeding him. It will be neat to see how our breakfast time routine evolves with his trying new things and once he starts trying to feed himself. Who knows maybe I can eat something right along with him. But for now, not too likely.

No comments: