Sunday, November 23, 2008

Painful Cries

Lukas is a very happy little boy, so his teething gets in the way of his happy demeanor. This weekend was a filled with crying due to his teething. Orajel would keep the pain at bay and he would remain my happy little sweetie, but then it would get to be too much and baby Tylenol was needed. I hate giving him baby Tylenol. I really try to avoid it. However, my husband and I are learning that it's not that bad of a thing if needed. So Saturday night when he woke up in the middle of the night I kept getting up and trying to get him comfy to go back to sleep. It did not matter nothing was helping, not even orajel. So I decided to finally break down and give him some Tylenol. While I was giving him the Tylenol I heard my husband yell from our room "Tylenol Jessie!" He had the same thought I did...it was time for Tylenol. After giving him some he calmed down and went back to sleep. Being a new parent you just live and you learn I guess. I felt bad because he could have gotten a better nights sleep if I would have thought about that in the first place. Now we know...if teething gets too unbearable for Lukas we give him some baby Tylenol. It's not going to hurt him and he will feel better.

No comments: