
My little Lukas loves Sesame Street or he likes to call it "animals". He will sit and point out all the characters. "Mama look Elmo, Oscar, Big Bird, Grover, and Monster Cookie." I will giggle and tell him yes I see them too. Point to Cookie Monster and try to correct him. "Cookie Monster" I say, and he laughs and says "yeah Cookie Monster." Well he will remember it's Cookie Monster for a little bit, but by bedtime he is calling him Monster Cookie all over again. It's very cute how he switches around his name.
We have a book at bedtime we read called "Cookie Monster's Biggest Cookie" and read it all the time. We call it the "Cookie Book". Lukas will request this book now but he calls it "Monster Cookie's cookie book." I correct him again and tell him it's Cookie Monster and he will giggle and repeat it.
He is correct he is a monster and he does like cookies. Perhaps it doesn't matter what his name is and I should let him call him Monster Cookie. It's so cute! Oh yeah I also forgot he loves to help me bake cookies. Maybe Lukas is his own little "Monster Cookie?"
No comments:
Post a Comment