Wednesday, September 22, 2010

McQueen for Halloween


I have mentioned before Lukas loves the movie Cars. When I say love I mean he is obsessed with it. He knows all the characters and he has the cars to sit and play with too. When we go on walks he pretends to be a car and makes "zroom" noises. Then he will tell me he's a race car.

I decided this year for Halloween I am going to make Lukas's Halloween costume. I am going to get a medium sized box and paint it red. Then I am going to either look for stickers or try my hand at painting McQueen's bolts and eyes on the box. I can't wait to start making it.

My Mom used to make my brothers and my costume for Halloween every year. She was good at it too! I think I got some of her creativity! One year I was a cat, then Cinderella, and another year I was a bride. We had all sorts of fun once Halloween started getting close. She would ask me "what do you want to be this year?" I would think and think or sometimes I knew right away what I wanted to be. I want Lukas to do the same thing. When he starts to get older I will ask him "What do you want to be for Halloween?" and then I will do my best to make him whatever he wants to be that year!

No comments: