Wednesday, November 18, 2009

More shots

Lukas is now 18 months old! I cannot even believe how fast he is growing! Well with turning 18 months he had to go back to the doctor for another baby well appointment. He has really started to have an anxiety when it comes to going to the doctor. He cries when I put him on the scale or when they are trying to get his heartbeat. He just doesn't want anyone touching him...only Momma. Usually at the 18 month appointment there aren't shots, well he was behind one shot and we got another optional shot. So he had shots yesterday...poor little guy. He screamed just like he always does, but this time afterward he kept going to the door and wanting to go bye-bye. I do understand his fear about shots. I hated them for years and years too, but I did get used to them after being pregnant. They were poking you with those darn needles all the time. I am hoping as he gets older it will get better, but from what I have heard as they get older it gets worse. There are a few shots we didn't get him. We didn't get him the seasonal flu shot or the h1n1 shot. We just feel that if he gets it he will fight it and get the natural immunity to it. My husband has never had a flu shot and I have only had a few flu shots (when I worked at the nursing home ten years ago). Both of us have been relatively healthy. We will see what happens, but we didn't get the shot last year either.

No comments: