Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Lip Balm

With cold temperatures come dry lips. My poor little guy has my lips and I have chapped lips in the winter all the time! Lukas has a crack in his lower lip from being chapped. I started using Burt's Bees lip balm on his lips. He doesn't mind me putting it on. It's actually cute how he pokes out his lips so I can put it on him. I pray he doesn't have my problems with his lips. All through out my childhood I would get cold sores, blisters, and chapped lips. Summer was the worst, because the sun can trigger cold sores, blisters, and dryness. I will just have to make sure he gets sun screened well! These days this is all I do to avoid getting them in the summer and now I get a cold sore every once in awhile in the winter. Depends on if I am stressed or have a cold. If Lukas just inherited the chapped lips that I get then I would say he got lucky! We can take care of those chapped lips! Plus he is teething and cutting molars so I am sure it's worse now. As a parent you hope they only inherit the good things...not the bad, but unfortunately we don't get a choice.

No comments: