Thursday, May 21, 2009

Picky eating...

It seems like over night Lukas has become a picky eater. I brought it up at his doctor appointment on Monday, but she told me that is normal in toddlers. I was surprised. I wasn't aware that toddlers were so picky about what they wanted to eat. He will only eat his baby cereal or baby food sometimes lately or some new foods he will love and hate the next day. Supper has become a challenge. I make him cereal and get some baby veggies and fruit out, but I have started trying to add in some of the Gerber Graduates food choices. He loves those little crunchies...he will eat those anytime. He also loves bread. He loves toast too. Lukas is pretty much a carb lover all ready! The doctor told me he is wide open to try new things now that he is 12 months old, but he wants nothing to do with lots of the food. It can get frustrating, but I guess we just keep offering things up to him and show him we eat this stuff too. After time maybe he will come around and like more things...or I can pray he does anyway!

No comments: