I am so excited for Lukas to turn 1 tomorrow! So totally awesome!!! I am very proud of my little boy and I now know what parents think and feel when they just have so much love they want to burst! I am more excited for his birthday than I have been for anyone's birthday...even my own. We are going to have a dinosaur birthday party for his first birthday. It will be so fun!!! However with all this building excitement I have been a little sad too. My little boy is growing and getting older and I miss him being my little baby that just wanted to be held and cuddled. Those times go way too fast! Don't get me wrong he still wants to be hugged and cuddled, but it's different when they can get up and move away from you. Today at work I got my regular Friday email on Lukas's status for the week. They always sent me 'Your Baby This Week' emails from babycenter.com, but today when I got the email it said 'Your Toddler This Week.' I saw that email and stared at it, when I finally decided to open it I just started crying. I was crying because my baby is getting older and it went way too fast. He is still my baby and he always will be, but I think your children growing up is a bitter sweet realization. So proud and happy for him, and yet sad he is already 1 year old. What a conflicted feeling!
Friday, May 15, 2009
Caught of Guard
I am so excited for Lukas to turn 1 tomorrow! So totally awesome!!! I am very proud of my little boy and I now know what parents think and feel when they just have so much love they want to burst! I am more excited for his birthday than I have been for anyone's birthday...even my own. We are going to have a dinosaur birthday party for his first birthday. It will be so fun!!! However with all this building excitement I have been a little sad too. My little boy is growing and getting older and I miss him being my little baby that just wanted to be held and cuddled. Those times go way too fast! Don't get me wrong he still wants to be hugged and cuddled, but it's different when they can get up and move away from you. Today at work I got my regular Friday email on Lukas's status for the week. They always sent me 'Your Baby This Week' emails from babycenter.com, but today when I got the email it said 'Your Toddler This Week.' I saw that email and stared at it, when I finally decided to open it I just started crying. I was crying because my baby is getting older and it went way too fast. He is still my baby and he always will be, but I think your children growing up is a bitter sweet realization. So proud and happy for him, and yet sad he is already 1 year old. What a conflicted feeling!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment