Wednesday, January 28, 2009
First Cold
Lukas had his first cold. Last week he started not sleeping very well through the night. Which was unusual because he usually sleeps great. He was not sleeping well because his gums were bugging him too much. Well it finally took it's toll because Saturday/Sunday he started having a slight running nose. Then Sunday night he started coughing too. By Monday morning he had a full blown cold. He looked so tired from rubbing his eyes, I swear they almost looked bruised. I did take him to the doctor Monday. She said he looked OK and thought it may be a viral cold and it would need to pass. He had no fever so they said to just hang in there. They did give me a prescription for an antibiotic just in case his symptoms became worse, because his ears were looking slightly red. She didn't know if that could be the start of an ear infection or just pressure. I wasn't aware that pressure or pain in your gums could affect your ears. She gave me numbing drops for his ears for pain. Well Monday night I gave him the drops and some baby Tylenol. He was able to sleep! By morning he was even looking a little better. His appetite had not been great either. He is usually a really big eater, but the whole weekend through Tuesday day he wasn't eating what he normally does. Tuesday during the day he seemed to start coming around and getting back to his normal self. He even ate all his supper! Tuesday night I did the same thing...Tylenol and drops. That worked and he slept all night again! Wednesday morning he seemed more back to himself. I called Jessie (our daycare lady and my husband's cousin) said he is doing great today! His appetite is back in full force and he has tons of energy! Glad to be done with that first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment