Monday, January 19, 2009
Bumps and falls
Well in my last post I stated Lukas is crawling. He gets around faster and faster everyday...it truly amazes me how fast he can get into something. This last weekend he had two really good bumps on his head from him falling. Chris and I are on the floor with him constantly, but it just didn't seem to matter these last two times. It happened so fast. He was standing at the TV entertainment center and tried to reach and play with his crawl and cruise toy. They are close to each other, but he isn't coordinated enough yet to just stand and play without hanging onto anything. I started to reach for him and before I got to him he slipped and bonked his forehead on the entertainment center. He cried and cried and the tears were flowing, my poor little guy had fallen. The next day we were in his room and I was going through his clothes that don't fit. He was playing with all the socks I had went through and while I was putting everything in a bag he crawled over and was standing up next to his crib. I was right there on the floor with him and I moved him back down to the floor, so I could get up and put the bag of clothes in the closet. While I did that he crawled over to his crib again and stood up next to it. I turned around and saw him lose his balance and WWWAACKK! He hit his forehead again right on the corner of his crib. I swooped him up and kissed his forehead. My poor little guy and fallen again. I called my Mom and said "Lukas fell again." I felt so bad for him. My Mom assured me that this is just the start of things. "He is at that stage. He will learn." I do know this is part of learned and I can't bubble wrap my house, but I guess how much he gets into things and keeps on he will learn. In good time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment