Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cheaping out

I have learned my lesson on cheap diapers. Yes they do save you money, but no they don't do the job. We are trying to save some money and adjust some of our spending and I thought why not try some cheaper diapers. The diapers were White Cloud and I got them at our local Wal-Mart. They were so much cheaper! I started Lukas on them last Tuesday and he wore them Tuesday, Wednesday, and then by Thursday I had to run out and buy our regular diapers anyway. Not only did they not stop leaks they gave him a diaper rash. I was doing some research online about cheaper diapers and they do not pull away the moisture from their bodies. The good diapers like Pampers and Huggies do pull the moisture away. We have been using Huggies ever since he was born. Now this rash probably shouldn't have surprised me. When he was only about a month old he got a bad diaper rash from me switching his wipes. I decided to switch from pampers sensitive to Huggies sensitive, because I had some coupons for them. Well that was awful because he got a rash all over his butt and front area. My poor little guy. So I switched him back after I realized it was the wipes that had done it. I also realized Lukas has sensitive skin too. This doesn't surprise me either it does run in our family. Thank goodness this last rash I switched right away when I noticed his rash. His little rash only lasted a few days. So now I know he uses Huggies and Huggies only along with the Pampers Sensitive wipes. No money savings here. I do think you get what you pay for though...now anyway.

No comments: