Some children and *ahem* people (not myself) are very stubborn. I find Lukas is actually a pretty easy going kid, but he can be stubborn just like everyone else.
The last few nights I have mixed up supper and made other things. They are regular dishes we usually eat, but I put some new things in them. The 1st night (mac n cheese, with ham, and green beans) he ate some of it, but I made him a peanut butter sandwich instead. The 2nd night (tuna hotdish with cheese, and broccoli) he didn't even touch the it and had nothing. My husband told me "we can't always give him something he wants instead." He does love his peanut butter sandwiches and they are something he absolutely loves. However, I don't see the harm in him eating them if he won't eat his supper. It's not hard to put peanut butter on a piece of whole wheat bread. It's actually not bad for him at all either. I guess it's the fact that we don't want him thinking that he doesn't have to eat what we give him. We do want him to eat what we give him...even if it's a few bites.
No comments:
Post a Comment