During the Memorial weekend we switched Lukas from a crib to a toddler bed. I didn't even cry! Wow! It seems as he gets bigger I cry because he is growing up too fast!
Sunday afternoon we took down his crib and brought up the toddler bed I bought from a friend whose little boy also loved the movie Cars. Lukas was pretty excited his new bed has Lighting McQueen on it! It made me happy he liked it...after all this was his new bed. I didn't want him to want his crib.
Well he didn't take a nap that day. He wouldn't sleep in the bed for a nap. I fear his nap days are coming to an end. I pray I am wrong! I love nap time!
However, that night he did pretty good sleeping in the bed. He did get up a few times and came to the door crying. I just picked him up and gently put him back in bed. I gave him a hug and said "nite nite Lukas." It took 2 times of that and then he stayed in his bed and went to sleep.
The next few nights it was the same thing, but after 3 nights of sleeping in his big boy bed he will go to sleep without crying or getting up after I lay him down. I am truly impressed that he did so well!
No comments:
Post a Comment