Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Only 5!

Well my January challenge ended with my family only trying 5 new recipes this month. Which I guess is OK considering January just flew by so fast! Here is a quick list of what we tried...and I rated them according to how much we liked them. 5 stars is the highest!

1. and 2. Chinese Garden Casserole and Baked Eggrolls (I posted those the beginning of January.)http://mrlukastabor.blogspot.com/2010/01/dinner-1-lukas-loved-it-with-2-new.html
RATING =***** SOOOO GOOD!

3. Chicken Parm Soup (Rachel Ray's cook book Just In Time)
RATING=*** from me and ***** from my Husband he loved it.

4. Chicken A La King http://dinnersforayear.blogspot.com/2008/10/dinner-137-chicken-la-king.html
RATING=**** We did like the recipe, but we will change somethings next time we make it.

5. Roasted Chicken with Brown Rice and baby Portebellos http://dinnersforayear.blogspot.com/2009/10/roasted-chicken-and-brown-rice.html
RATING =***** AWESOME!!! SO GOOD!!


I am proud we tried 5 new recipes, but I wish I could have made my goal. However, I think 5 was probably more realistic for us. This month I am gonna try for 2 new recipes (it's a good way to throw Lukas off and get him to eat some veggies!) With the 2 new recipe goal for this month I am adding in 2 new baking recipes too. Lately I have tried to keep my cookie jar stocked, but I have noticed most of my recipes aren't that healthy or are very fatty. The goal for the baking recipes is to cut down on the fat and sugars and see how the cookies turn out. I did find a recipe for Lite Cowboy cookies (that call for no butter but applesauce instead). We will give these a try first!

No comments: