Monday, April 6, 2009

Communicating

Lukas has started to let us know if he doesn't want something or if we guess wrong on what he wants. If he is already full and we try to feed him more he will shake his head and sometimes say "huht uh". It's very cute, but can be frustrating when you want him to eat or stay away from something. For instance, we were in the kitchen yesterday morning while I was washing his bottles. He was playing on the floor with a pot and spoon. He decided that wasn't going to cut it so he crawled over to the dog food. I said "acky Lukas, no no." He looked at me and shook his head and said "huht uh". I laughed and said "what did you say to me?" He just sat there smiling at me. I couldn't believe he was disagreeing with me. I said "oh yes it's acky!" I then removed the dog food from his reach. Out of sight out of mind...right? Nope he got up and tried reaching his little hand on the table. I was just amazed he was still going for it. Now that is determination, my funny little guy!

No comments: