Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Big Boy!

Last night was a very special night.  Lukas was actually listening and doing what I asked without having to be told twice!  It was a rare night, but I will take it!

First he ate all his dinner and had seconds.  He just gobbled it up.  He did so good I gave him strawberry ice cream for dessert.  What a good boy!

Next up his bath.  Most times we have arguements over his bath.  He never wants one until he is actually in the bath and then won't get out.  Well this time I told him "please take your socks, pants, and shirt off for your bath" and he replied back with "and my diaper!"  I said "yes your diaper too!"  And....you know what he did?  He took off all his clothes I had to help him with his shirt, but he got ready for his bath all by himself!  While in the bath he loves to play and play and it seems sometimes it's the "neverending bath," but not last night.  He took a long bath, but after awhile he picked up all his bath toys without me asking and said he was done.  I was shocked!  This was rare!

Lastly, we had to get his pajamas on and get ready for bed.  He even sat on my lap and put his pajamas on. I helped with his socks and he did put his pajama top on backwards, but we turned it around and it was all good!  Then he sat in his little Cars tent and watched Team Umizoomi before bed.  He was so good I was wondering where my crazy little boy was!

He is growing up so fast!  We will start our next adventure in potty training soon.  He isn't quite ready.  He is showing a few readiness signs, but you need to want to sit on the potty in order to go in it.  He is only lacking that ability.  Not everyday...but most days he will talk about going potty, but not want to go sit on the potty.  I am not rushing him though.  Most boys usually are trained around age 3 and he will be 3 in 4-5 months or so.  We have a little bit of time yet.  Even then sometimes they aren't.  Dressing himself had to come first.  He needed to know how to get his pants down so he can go.  That is now done so we can focus more on potty training. 

No comments: